Monday 19 August 2013

Busy as a Bee.


I've think I've met myself  a few times going round in a busy circle over this last couple of weeks.

First things first, Martha hen decided that at about day 16 she didn't want to sit on the eggs anymore.  I say eggs it ended up whittled down to one due to her either standing on them or eating them.  But she gave, she's back at the allotment now.  It was tricky because she had to be re-introduced by putting her back in the coop/house at night.  I was back down there first thing the next day and honestly, I dont know what i worried about, it was like she'd never left.

August has also been the month for birthdays.  Its been my brothers, a couple of nephews, one nieces and Boos, who turned 7! This involved a birthday sleepover last weekend with a bunch of screaming and dancing girls in my living room!

This weekend just gone was spent up in the lake district with my friend and Boo.  The lakes is one of the most beautiful parts of the country - it was a shame that it rained the entire time mind.  Here's a picture from the weekend, you can see how miserable the weather is and how choppy the sea was:

  And that brings me up to date to today, and as of today my car is broke and off the road.

To be honest, with everything that has been going on the last few weeks I haven't had any time to get to the allotment, which is a shame because i'm missing it.  I go because of the chooks but that is it.

Here though, are some photos that I've taken tonight:

Corn



The blueberries are taking their time ripening up this year


Poppy hen is growing every day


Lulu hen is laying bigger and bigger eggs everyday

Ah Boo's pumpkin, hopefully the colour will start turning soon, otherwise we will have a green halloween pumpkin in our window this year


Runner beans - I have no idea what to do with these?



Brussel Sprouts - note to self you do not need 8 brussel sprouts plants!!  They are massive and just getting bigger and bigger!

The onions are also coming on well



This last few weeks with all the birthdays has also hit home at just how expensive it is and that can only mean one thing - Christmas is coming! Im sorry to use the C word in August but I have.  I have started planning what to make who for this year to try and not noly cut the cost but to make it more personal.  I've asked my mum to knit me a lovely aran jumper rather than buying me something.  Im sick of the cost of season and the fact that people cant afford to live because of it, its too extreme and not how i want my friends and family to live.  So, expect a few posts coming up!!

And next weekend, well what a way to round up august - new hens are arriving!!! Two white leghorn rescue hens. yipeeee!!! At least I wont have to buy eggs for the christmas cakes this year!


No comments:

Post a Comment