Thursday 27 June 2013

My brilliant cooking skills....

..normally leave a lot to be desired.

 After spending yesterday on the plot a lot of shifting heavy stuff, I've been so sore and tired that I've not been down there today (other than tend to the chooks).  So I decided to do some baking at home.

Now genuinely in my head I'm a cross between Delia and Nigella, in my head I am without a doubt the best cook....in reality I'm pretty crap.  I'm better at baking - but not much.  I have a tendency to burn stuff and really the problem is I dont read recipes! Today however, I've had a breakthrough!!

Chocolate cookies taken from the lovely Nigella, but actually not having all the ingredients!

Makes 18

150gms plain flour
30gms cocoa powder
1tsp of baking powder (no bicarb in the cupboard!)
75gms of butter (not enough as stated in the recipe)
125gms caster sugar
1/2 tsp of salt
1tsp of vanilla extract
1 egg
a bit of chocolate cut up
2 tsp of golden syrup
milk


  1. Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 3
  2. In one bowl put the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
  3. In a seperate bowl cream the sugar and butter and when it's looking a bit dry put a little bit of milk in to bind it together.
  4. Once it's nicely creamed together add the dry ingredients and continue to mix adding the egg cut up chocolate and golden syrup and a bit more milk if needed.
  5. On a large baking tray (covered with greaseproof paper) put 6 separate desert spoonfuls well spaced out (because these cookies grow), bake for 18 minutes and et voila!! 







No comments:

Post a Comment