Tuesday 27 August 2013

Lovely jubbly bank holiday busyness!

Its a been a hot, gorgeously sunny, very busy bank holiday!  Honestly, It's been great!!

(It should be noted that today my computer in on a go slow and it's taken me about an hour to do this post!)

I absolutely love crocheting, to the point were I'm actually struggling to put it down.  After finishing all the squares of one cushion I'm making, I decided to go for something a bit more challenging. So here was Saturdays plan:

get up early and go for a run
crochet for half an hour
have a bath
tidy house in preparation for family arriving for my nephews 2nd birthday
crochet a bit more
finish the day with supper with our lovely neighbours.

That was the plan, here's what actually happened:

So after a good two mile run on saturday I decided to start something new - another present for the big C this time for my 1 and a half year old 'niece'.  And I stumbled across this little gem over at ilovebuttonsbyemma :


Now I know what you're thinking 'she's only just managed a couple of granny squares' but once I got used to the different UK and US terminology I was away.  I made two the two giraffe arms (this took me about an hour and a half!) had a bath, decided to start on the horns.  Didn't manage the horns got very frustrated that I had to put my crochet down to 'entertain the family' (in the meantime my ever suffering mr husband tidied the entire house, whilst I did nothing other than play with a crochet needle and wool!) The family left, we went to the neighbours for supper (I took my crochet -  it's a good job they love me) decided to have a go at the head of the giraffe -  but that wasn't happening.  Anyway Boo and I came back at about 9:30 and I had another go and finally finished the head about 11ish that night whilst she was in bed and mr husband played his guitar.

Sundays plan:

have a lie in
have a rest from crocheting

Sundays reality:

I got up at 8:30 with one intention; I was going to do the ears and these bloomin' horns this morning if it absolutely killed me!!! Well I can very proudly say I did!  And here it is so far:


HOORAAAAH!!! The only problem is now I've run out of that wool! But by the by I'll get some.

The last bank holiday of the summer was glorious weather and it was spent on the allotment, strimming and having a general tidy up.  The grass is now in full growth and its so nice to see it in the lovely green colour it should be and not the big muddy mess it had been for so long:


My afternoon was finished off, by my cousin (whose daughter im making the giraffe for) knocking on my door with two big black bags at her feet containing.......:


(minus the sunflowers!)  So this should keep me busy for a while!!!!

And finally, you remember way at the beginning I told you it was my nephews birthdays this weekend? He is truly gorgeous, but maybe a I'm just biased! Either way I adore that kid.  So here is a picture of him at one of my favourite places:


Happy Birthday Jack Attack!! 










No comments:

Post a Comment